Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
If you experience water damage in your home or business, it is important to get a restoration team on site as quickly as possible to minimize the risks of further damages to your property. SERVPRO of West Jordan is a water loss removal and cleanup service available 24/7!
SERVPRO of West Jordan is ready to respond to any size water cleanup and restoration project. Our team will begin by extracting the standing water and remove the damaged materials. Your property will then be dried quickly using our state-of-the-art drying techniques, while documenting the drying process to make sure the job is done right.
While you wait, view the tips below to get you started on the cleanup process.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (801) 282-6366
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.